I've had two similar issues recently with regards to the exporter:
1. Windows 7 is funny with creating new files inside 'Program Files' It has issues with the exporter and 3ds MAX. By right clicking 3ds MAX icon and running 'run as administrator' - that solves this first issues.
2. Presuming the exporter is running properly (check by Customize -> Plugin Manager. Scroll down and look for SCENEEXPORTER.GUP - it should be linked to the directory you placed the Caspian Tools plugin into max2010\plugins\x86.) - there were a few small problems within a customers scene:
- Make sure all your textures are power of 2. Something like 64x128 or 256x256.
- Our exporter is sometimes not 'that bright' and doesn’t always convert the textures to DDS. It maybe in this case that they were not to the power of 4, which all DDS must be. I manually converted all your textures to DDS, resizing them all to 256x256. The exporter is really good at converted TGA to DDS, but if a texture is not TGA, sometimes it has a problem.
- Check the scale of your models - there is a character reference model inside CaspianTools.zip to use, which is a 6 foot high humanoid character.
- Lastly, when exporting objects/environment, try using the 'export selected nodes' only. I'm not sure how the exporter would handle 'export whole scene/all' when cameras and targets are within the scene.
If you have any more problems, post your problem with a screenshot - it might be a common problem wihch people have seen.