Features and Fixes You'll Love
It's always nice to start the new year with something fresh.
A splash of extra development capability, a few irritating bug fixes and some essential performance tweaks form part of our latest Thinking Worlds release.
You can download it from today - right now in fact!
It will improve your capability, improve the speed at which you can finish projects and generally make developing games with Thinking Worlds easier all round.
But what, exactly, has changed?
- • 2D shape system – hierarchical 2D entity system allowing user to construct and utilise shapes in their sim (e.g. circle/triangle/square/line)
• Formula Builder – makes it a lot simpler to create mathematical formula in the logic editor
• It is now possible to have multiple textboxes active at the same time in an interaction
• Group support for HUD controls (so you can reference a group of controls in one node rather than a node for each control)
• Added command-line to support for opening and publishing journeys in the Authoring Tool
• Added option to disable window resizing for a standalone export build
• You can now create a checklist with unlimited options (previously you were limited to a maximum of 8 items)
• Added functionality to support keyboard input in nested flash SWF’s
• Objects behind translucent glass will now appear correctly
• Can now retrieve information about player and non-player character state (such as walking/running/talking)
- • Fixed a bug which would cause some laptop graphics cards to display a black screen on Java and Shockwave exports
• CustomHUDControl now remembers the last setting the node was used for – useful for when you’re doing the same actions repeatedly
• Fixed a bug where controls would not be hidden/shown correctly in certain situations
• Added support to improve texture usage on iOS
We've also written a tutorial for the new 2D Shape System.
Visit the forum or the support pages of the website to view this.
Click To Download Thinking Worlds 3.5.4 Now
Click to Download the 3.5.3 to 3.5.4 Patch (19mb)